Your success in becoming a supplier begins with getting to know the customer and how Walmart works to serve them. Whether you are a new supplier or have known us for years, here are a few things to consider*.
What does it take to be a supplier?
- Competitive pricing
- Federal Tax ID number
- Minimum of $2m in liability insurance (actual amount varies by business)
- Dun & Bradstreet number
- Ability to submit products for third party testing
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- GS1 membership number
- Existing shelf ready product must meet www.FTC.gov criteria for U.S. country of origin to be considered for the Open Call process.
- Dun & Bradstreet number and SER of 6 or lower expected for supplier agreement completion
- Meet requirements of Walmart’s Responsible Sourcing program
Suppliers are confirming ability to meet all these requirements by submitting an application to attend Open Call 2019.
U.S. sourced manufacturing is one of many factors customers consider when making a buying decision. In addition to your manufacturing location, your focus should be on the details unique to your products or company that will create a compelling business case for our buyers to make an educated decision based on facts.
Books, video, audio or magazines are not under consideration during Open Call.
For books, video, audio or magazines, please contact these companies directly:
Book or Audio
Readerlink Distribution Services
The News Group
Phone: (815) 302-6805
*Please note that the process to apply for consideration to become a supplier may require you to expend a significant amount of effort and resources. Completing the application process does not guarantee that you will be approved to attend Open Call or approved to be a supplier.
Further, if you are accepted to attend Open Call or become a supplier, Walmart and Sam’s Club do not guarantee the level of success or business that you may or may not receive. Becoming an approved supplier simply means you are eligible to receive orders or business from Walmart or Sam’s Club. Any efforts or expenditures you make to become or remain an approved supplier are entirely at your own risk and will not be reimbursed.